"Everthing's Great," says Ford...

To be fair though there is a lot of rubbish published in all papers. The Guardian for instance last week published an article inferring that changing our passports from red/burgundy back to blue was going to cost 500m quid. However they didn't bother with the fact that passport design / security is reviewed every 5 years at a cost of 500m and that there is no obligation by anyone to change the colour. Methinks utter rubbish is being written in all papers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
How's that £350m/week coming on?

Ask us again WHEN we have left..

Your original post was interesting too since when we were well and truely in the EU with no prospect of a referendum, Ford accepted a nice EU Grant to move production of the Transit from Southampton to Turkey, so I don't think it would be fair to blame Ford moving out of the UK on Brexit... Would you?

Ask us again WHEN we have left.
My name's Boris. I've got a thing. It's great. It's in a sealed crate, covered over with a tarpaulin, somewhere inside a warehouse. You can't look at it. Do you want to buy it? Sign this contract please.

It will affect your life, and your children's lives, and your grandchildren's lives.

I can't tell you what it is, or what it will cost you, and you have no right to change your mind when you find out. Any promises I might make are unenforceable because the moment I have your signature I will resign and absolve myself of responsibility.

Pretty fair deal, Oscar?

Sponsored Links
Why would there be a grant for Ford to move out of the EU?
Sadly, I'm afraid you would have to ask the EU or Ford what that was about but My guess would be that they wanted to cosy up to Turkey and they to develop the Turkish economy.... But that is only a guess but the grant was real.

Would you trust a co. that built the Edsel and used silver fox paint in the sixties, oh and the "aerodynamic" sierra :whistle:

My name's Boris. I've got a thing. It's great. It's in a sealed crate, covered over with a tarpaulin, somewhere inside a warehouse. You can't look at it. Do you want to buy it? Sign this contract please.

It will affect your life, and your children's lives, and your grandchildren's lives.

I can't tell you what it is, or what it will cost you, and you have no right to change your mind when you find out. Any promises I might make are unenforceable because the moment I have your signature I will resign and absolve myself of responsibility.

Pretty fair deal, Oscar?
Now, don't be Grouchy.

Firebrand, that reminds me of "The Probe " with it's catalytic converter. Used to call it the catastrophic perverter on a M8's car - the stink from it was drawn into the cab :LOL:

Firebrand, that reminds me of "The Probe " with it's catalytic converter. Used to call it the catastrophic perverter on a M8's car - the stink from it was drawn into the cab :LOL:
To be fair, I have never sniffed a Probe... But it did have one of the most unfortunate names of any car built.

Indeed so but the Edsel had a grill that looked........:unsure:

Ford is a really great place to work I have to say. I would go as far as to say it's the best company I have ever worked for.

Are the vans now subject to import duty?

So - when/if Britain leaves the EU, there may be another grant for Ford to return. ???

Hadn't thought about it before but a lot of things are now made in Turkey, so manufacturing being outside the EU cannot be that bad.

Sponsored Links
Back