Every imperfection - type of paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my walls plastered in two rooms, applied mist coat.

One room using Little Greene French pale looks amazing but the other room looks awful.

I used Dulux Hertiage York White. After the mist coat I did paint it in Little Greene paint yellow and it was not a nice colour, so wanted something brighter. So repainted in the Heritage York white.

But after using the Hertiage paint every single imperfection is showing. It would be fine if the walls were like glass but I guess with plastering you are not going to get 100% perfectly flat walls. So anywhere there is a slight unevenness it is completely highlighted, looks like dark shadows.

I used good quality Harris rollers.

Is it the colour or is the Heritage range not the best? It was fine in the dark yellow.

Of course it could be me but the other room I am very proud of.

I have given it a few coats now and the issue remains.

Sponsored Links
Low sheen paints and darker colours hide imperfections. Low sheen paints don't clean/wipe well not not suitable for high traffic areas like hallways

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back