Evo HE C22/30 - and no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: Well, I havent had a shower for two days now and its not thru want of trying. Ive got CH but the taps run lukewarm for a minute or so and then go cold. However, I did manage to get half a bowl of piping water this morning, but then it gave up the ghost. Any suggestions? It has been suggested it could be the DHW thermistor (whats that when its at home?) or the heat exchanger scaled. I shall be spitting feathers if it turns out to be that as the boiler is not quite two years old and Ive had it serviced. Also, as its a very hard water area round here Ive had the water softener changed twice in that time, the last time in March. Is there anyone who can give some pointers?
Sorry this post is so long
:(

Sponsored Links
Evo's come with a full 3 year warranty.

They are Plumb Center branded Isars. If it was the DHW thermistor you should be getting an H3 fault code.

Call Ideal out under warranty.

:D I just KNEW there was a reason I bought the Evo!! Now I just have to dig out the paperwork...
I did actually try to get in touch with Ideal today, funny thing was the tech line answered immediately but as I wasnt an engineer transferred me to Customer Services (fair enough, engineers cant waste time) however, 8 minutes of holding later I gave up. Perhaps I'll mail.
Lets hope for a happy outcome!

Just tell the first person you talk to you want a warranty call, they should be able to book that.

Why is your installer not doing this for you? He should be available to help within the 3 year period as well ;)

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Why is your installer not doing this for you? He should be available to help within the 3 year period as well ;)

Exactly!

If I installed boilers I certainly would !

Tony

I am always available FOC for whatever the warranty term the manufacturers give on their products as well Tony.

Dont get het up chaps! Ive spoken to my installer - but he's chocabloc at the moment so I thought I'd interfere in the hope I could gee things along. Good HE/plumbers are like rocking horse s**t round here!
Annie

However busy I am and I am ridiculously busy as always, I would always go to my customer that day or evening to assess the situation then put the service call in asap.

I'm very old fashioned when it comes to customer service, hence why I am so busy and get nearly all of my work through word of mouth. ;)

I couldn't afford your house prices down there :cry:

well i would go out just to make sure it was not my cock up :LOL: be for calling in the makers. to be honest we hardly ever get a call back for boilers we fitted.

to be honest i don't think a lot of installers know how the inside of a boiler really works. probably a good sign if the installer is willing to come back, shows he is not a fly by night guy. i have heard of some even fixing them for free just to save calling the service agent guy in.

If it is a boiler that I have a 'first aid kit' for then I would do it also.

I am rapidly building the opinion that the vast majority of Corgi regd installers haven't got much of a clue how a boiler works, and also aren't interested in learning.

Call the manufacturer.

I agree Chris, most just want to fit and forget. Even friends of mine who are excellent installers pass on any problems to the likes of me, but I can only help if it is a boiler I know, I never pretend to know how to fix everything. Life is a learning curve ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back