Evo HE C22/30 - and no hot water

Ideal sending an engineer this coming Saturday (and I had an option of a Sunday call - does this mean theyre efficient or have a lot of breakdowns?!).
And apparently the Evos have a TWO year warranty, so Ive just got a call in in time.
Lets hope for a happy outcome. Thanks to all who posted.
Annie

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
I am rapidly building the opinion that the vast majority of Corgi regd installers haven't got much of a clue how a boiler works, and also aren't interested in learning.

Call the manufacturer.

I agree with you and G4U mate

cannot seem to get a service/repair chap who knows his harris from his hat these days

for some reason I blame the gov especially Golden Brown (texture like sun)

:)

handy_annie said:
Ideal sending an engineer this coming Saturday (and I had an option of a Sunday call - does this mean theyre efficient or have a lot of breakdowns?!).
And apparently the Evos have a TWO year warranty, so Ive just got a call in in time.
Lets hope for a happy outcome. Thanks to all who posted.
Annie

They are trying to con you I think :eek: Call Plumb Center as all EVO range has a 3 YEAR WARRANTY, that was because they were on a special arrangement with Ideal.

Ideal have a terrible call centre staff who know next to nothing about warranties etc. It took them about 2 years to find out that all their boilers fitted under the A1 scheme had a 2 year warranty instead of the usual 15 months.

Engineers are good, don't know how they put up with such a cr ap head office back up :rolleyes:

Have to agree on you about Ideals Customer services. The time they take to answer the phone almost guarantees the warranty will be out of date however long it is!
I followed your advice, Dave and called Plumb Centre - and YES there is a 3 year warranty! Plus they said if I had any problems with Ideal let them know and they'd take it up. Now that what I call Customer Service!
A

Sponsored Links
I reacon it is the DHW thermistor, i had the same problems and i changed the DHW thermistor which cost me about £25 for part and 15 mins to fit.

Hoppe you get to have a bath soon, lol

Well if she hasn't had a bath since sept 28th I bet she stinks by now :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back