Evo home relay to hive help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have moved into a property that has the
Evohome Wireless Relay Box BDR91T1004

fitted, and I am looking to swap it for my hive system.
Is it a sass of removing the receiver and swapping for the nest one, or will I need to alter the wiring around?
I have this wired as per the picture.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 48D5E82E-4B54-41A6-86F1-549722F5B237.jpeg
    48D5E82E-4B54-41A6-86F1-549722F5B237.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Answered my own question - obviously not a straight swap so need to alter the wiring. Anyone tell me what wires need to go where please?

I appreciate it’s been asked but all the images I have seen look different to the picture I’ve posted

Sponsored Links
Hi. I have moved into a property that has the
Evohome Wireless Relay Box BDR91T1004

fitted, and I am looking to swap it for my hive system.
Is it a sass of removing the receiver and swapping for the nest one, or will I need to alter the wiring around?
I have this wired as per the picture.
Thanks in advance

why would anyone take out Evohome to fit hive?

Thanks but two reply’s and neither are overly helpful. One points to links that I can’t see show how my wiring is. The other suggests not to take out what I have but with no reasoning.
Previously been super helpful on here but I’m going to go off and research elsewhere. thanks for your time for the responses

What I mean is, if you have Evohome, you have multi zone system that Hive will never match unless I am missing something.

As far as Hive or many other ‘designer’ units are concerned, it is a no brainier to see that there will be live and neutral for power and two other wires that are switched by the unit. It cannot get any more basic or elementary. BDR will have live and neutral also and then there is switched pair. I would be putting brown and blue or red and black ( old money) to power pair that runs the receiver and C and NO back to the boiler as a pair too

Do remember, if you fry the pcb, you are on your own.

Last edited:
Cheers
It’s just the evohome receiver - nothing else. I assume it was fitted so that a wireless thermostat could be fitted. It doesn’t have any access for mobile, there’s only one thermostat in the house. Whilst the evohome looks like I can do what hive will, it’s substantially more expensive (I imagine maybe better)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back