Evohome binding help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I had the Evohome system working but was getting a boiler relay fault so wanted to set it up again. Problem is, I am unsure about how to bind the cylinder thermostat. I have a hot water cylinder.

I am trying to follow the instructions, but at the end, the hot water is not heating up, despite the relay light coming on. I hope someone can tell me where I am going wrong.

I have:
Relay 1 - Central Heating
Relay 2 - HW
CS92 Transceiver

I go into settings and choose guided setup.
Select Stored hot water configuration and press green tick.
This step binds the hot water sensor, so I 5 second press, then single press. Get binding signal was received OK.
Select 2 two port or three post valves.
Now need to bind the HOW WATER VALVE. This is relay 2 (above), correct? I do that and get the signal received message.
Now asks to bind the HEATING VALVE. This is relay 1 (above), correct? I do that and get the signal received message.

So is that all correct so far?

If I now go into DEVICES, under boiler control I have NONE. Do I now need to bind Relay 1 again to the boiler control? Should this be done before the HW or doesn't matter?

Any help really appreciated. My heating is working but water is not. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK, i think I found the solution. The answer to the last part is no, I should not bind the relay to boiler control. Seems to have done the trick.

Sponsored Links
The BDR91 relay boxes will open the relevant valve via its hard wiring connection, so all you have to do binding wise is to get the HW relay light to come on when the CS92 control calls for hot water generation. Once the valve is open its internal end-switch will send a hard wired (switched line) signal to the boiler to fire-up. Similar for the CH relay.

Having used the Honeywell Evohome system for a few weeks I am not impressed. The TPI (a time proportioned output) keeps opening and closing the heating valve as room temperature approaches target - very irritating, and Honeywell say it can't be turned off, neither can the configuration controls be used to effectively disable it. I've had to recommission my old timer to bypass the BDR91 relay to prevent boiler cycling and give me a short respite from the sounds of valves opening and closing, and the boiler re-igniting regularly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back