1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Evohome installer wanted in Sussex area?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by andrewukr6, 1 Jun 2017.

1. andrewukr6

andrewukr6

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, looking for someone to wire in the relays and hot water kit in sussex. Just outside tunbridge wells! Anyone around the area fancy doing it for me... I Can provide pics of the current install if wanted.

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. simond

simond

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yep.

We charge £94 inc vat per hr, to answer your next question.

Worth mentioning that under hmrc guidelines, if you get an installer to supply and fit, it's 5% VAT.....

So usually not worth buying the bits yourself, as the warranty will not be down to the installer.

4. andrewukr6

andrewukr6

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks for reply Simon, yeah I got a very good deal on the evohome bits...Was a higher hourly rate than I anticipated but looking it seems about the going rate for a heating engineer so fair enough! How many hours we looking at on this approx? If it's a days labour I'll have to put the bits back in the attic until next winter I think :)

5. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Love to know what you were anticipating? :LOL:

No idea how long your install will trait as you haven't deemed it necessary to tell us what the system is and what configuration you are looking for. Anything from half a day to a full day probably.

6. Steelmasons

Steelmasons

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well Dan , at least the OP isn't attempting it himself so hats off to him.

7. Sponsored Links
  8. andrewukr6

andrewukr6

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    no I'm sure it's a very fine amount for a heating engineer. Having worked as a sparky for a few years, I wish I'd got that an hour! Haven't deemed it necessary? If I pay £100 an hour, will you work for the customer without patronizing them? Geez I wish I could speak to potential customers like that I usually have to pretend to be nice.

9. Aquaheat

Aquaheat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There's no pretence to be nice, we come and complete a job in a professional manner and ensure the continued working of the system free of charge.

Evohome has a tendency to be a little bit temperamental shall we say but without the back up of the manufacturer. Even when fitted within MI prescribed limits.

Price is for a quality guy with aftercare service. I see no issue with the price. Vat is part of it don't cloud things with that.

Jon

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Your stuff is colour coded. Makes it easy for you ;)

You're not a potential customer.

Without the pertinent information we can't answer the question numbnuts. I wasn't being patronising. I was making a point.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DP

DP

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Andrew, a picture of a two port and a three port valve just complicates what should be standard fit. Can you speculate how the system is wired so a would be controls installer can speculate what the Labour cost is liable to be
    What Is your Evohome list of components to enable your system configuration to work, will you need the installer to assist you with what to get?
    Component interconnect for Evohome, while may look simple, often needs careful planning to ensure good signal strength- is you property, in your estimation, going to effect this all important signal strength?

I do not have a problem with customer supplying the gear as long as they know any component issues will need resolving by the supplier (you) as I would only be supplying the Labour. Warranty again would be for fitting the components, so subsequent breakdown and replacement would attract additional charges unless the fitting was incorrect. I have just finished replacing a boiler supplied by the customer. I know if the boiler was to fail, in warranty repair will be carried out by the makers. With any control system, doubt the makers will come out.

12. simond

simond

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We do have a cheaper day rate. If the op wishes to discuss I suggest he calls or emails.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local