Evolution Rage 5S table saw blade catching riving knife

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a second hand Evolution Rage 5S table saw, and there is a problem with the blade catching the riving knife (see video in link below). Something seems to be misaligned but I can't figure out which bit, or whether it can be easily adjusted. Any help would be appreciated!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y2zW78KGrB7RBgmr8

Sponsored Links
OR, is the centre hole in the blade to big for the arbor ? for some reason the blade is not centred - very very dangerous.
Thanks, sorted it. Turns out the nut that holds the blade onto the shaft was on the wrong way around, so the piece that sits snugly in the centre hole in the blade (I guess this is the arbor?!) wasn't doing so, hence it was wobbling. Spinning true now - wouldn't want to have switched it on as it was.

Sponsored Links
Welcome to DIYnot.
The riving knife looks perfectly static in the vid and the blade seems to approach it. Is the blade drive shaft bent, or the shaft bearing excessively worn?
Thanks, I wondered that (and hoped it wasn't!). Luckily it was the nut holding the blade on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back