Performance Pro Table Saw - Riving Knife and Guard Missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I happened across this site whilst attempting to find some parts for my recently acquired table saw.

Having collected it, I knew that in the very least its guard was missing but having done some research I have discovered it is also missing the riving knife. Disappointing, to say the least. I don't fancy dealing with the vicious kick back I have seen videos of.

It appears that the parts for this machine are impossible to come by, but I am somewhat hopeful of being able to find a pattern part or a universal fitment for it.

Its model number is CLM1400TS, but there is little more I could tell you about it than that.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I would be eternally grateful. I did come across an older post https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/death-trap-table-saw.431559/ which pointed to a draper riving knife this user seemed to have some success with, but obviously the model number is different to mine.

I thank you in advance for any replies.

James

Sponsored Links
I think that stuff used to be sold by B&Q so they might have a phone number for spares. That said Iv'e just typed into google power performance spares and there are several company's listed.

Hi catlad

Thanks for your reply. I did try searching for the spares via google, but no site I came across specifically listed the parts I am looking for.

If you've noticed something there that I haven't please enlighten me, I would be very grateful.

Cheers

James

bin it mate, throw it out - cheap table saws, even new ones, can be deathtraps so dont even try to mess with it.

fwiw: i read somewhere that tablesaws are the most accident prone woodworking machines.

Sponsored Links
Hi bobasd,

That is sadly not an option, I dont have a lot of spare cash that I can afford to so easily throw away something I've only just bought.

I'm fairly safety conscious, which is why I am looking for these parts before I use it. I'd suggest anything with a fast moving blade in the wrong hands could be considered a death trap, whether it cost £50 or £500. I've drawn a bit of a short straw but sadly that's my lot and I have to deal with it.

Cheers

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back