HITACHI C7SB2 Circular Saw With No Riving Knife

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering upgrading to a pro circular saw after having worn out two DIY models from lengthy but not rough usage, so I have plenty of experience cutting timber. I was thinking about buying the HITACHI C7SB2 model. It has plenty of power 1700 watt, but no riving knife (It is designed for plunge cuts). Would it be difficult to steer the saw and prevent it binding? How about following a line marked on timber, would it still be easy enough to do this?

Sponsored Links
the purpose off the riving knife is to stop the wood closing on the back off the blade not so crutial on a plunge saw as the blade retracts as soon as you let go off the saw

it will be no more difficult than before to cut a strait line as the riving knife is a fraction thinner than the blade to stop it binding on all cuts so will seldom effect the cut except will help hold the back off the saw so the teeth on the down stroke will"polish" the wood rather than dig in when you try and alter the saw alinement mid cut

I removed one from my circular saw, always binds when I have it fitted even though everything seems to be inline, without it cutting seems much easier. :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back