Exhaust pipe wrap

Sponsored Links
Only my opinion, but I really wouldn't bother.....price up a Walkers replacement and you'll maybe be surprised. It'll last a couple of years, maybe longer and will save you the inconvenience.
Mot wise, so long as the system isn't blowing significantly all will be well. Generally I leave exhausts until they fail big time before reaching for the spanners .
John :)

I've had a look at it and the mid box is looking very poor. Most of the outer skin is loose on the lower face and its weeping out of the front face.

I'll contact the local breakers this next week and inquire, if by chance, they have a Corsa D 1.0 in with a sound exhaust and if so, the asking price although the price will have to be 33% of a new system before I'll even consider it.

Who stocks Walkers brand in NE England?

I'd fit a cheapo pattern part before contemplating a 2nd hand exhaust, it's only an old Corsa after all!

Sponsored Links
See what motor factors have, such as TMS, AV Taylor, Eurocarparts or whatever......cheaper than you'd imagine, reasonable quality and will last longer if you spray the welds with a zinc coating.

Has anyone tried AUTOVAUX ? 0333 3583615 . I haven't, so only a suggestion.

Had quotes from various factors.

The best option is a Thyssen Krupp made exhaust system (middle and rear sections) from a seller in Germany who sells on ebay.

£82 Buy it Now /Make an Offer + £12 Shipping

The young lad is saving up. I'm wondering how far he and his best friend, my nephew, get in fitting it before they ask for assistance!

The only issue I see is the down pipe nuts. Will they loosen with heat applied or will the studs just snap off!

They'll know who to call!
The cat is part of the exhaust manifold on these I think so it's manifold off if the studs do break.

Sponsored Links
Back