Existing Mobile Number to New Mobile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use 1p for my present mobile.
Am considering buying new mobile and keeping the same number etc.
How do I do this, is it just a matter of switching the SIM Card

Sponsored Links
Swap old sim card into new phone
If you require a née sim card then you will need to port the number across to New sim.
Just Google swap mobile number to new sim and this will tell you how to get PAC code.

All depend on what size sim you have and what size sim the new phone will take. New sims come in three different sizes.

Sponsored Links
the new tiny SIMs will fit in an old phone with a big orifice, using an adaptor. I paid 99p

1653167870755.png 1653167952222.png

the SIM you already have, if a few years old, may actually be in a housing that is holding a tiny SIM that can be pushed out. If not, the operator will send you a new one, free or at modest cost. If you port your number to a new network, they will send you a new SIM anyway, capable of fitting all three sizes. I recently changed both mine.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I may be asking too much here.
My present mobile is a Galaxy Note 4, I don't really need all the bells and whistles now.
The new mobile would be just for calls, texts, pix.
It would be great to buy a replacement that took the present SIM card, most grateful for advice.

if your current sim card is the wrong size for the new phone, ring your service provider and they will send out a new correct size sim

Looking online the note 4 takes a micro sim. The next size down is a nano sim. Does your current sim look like the centre of it could be pushed out or is it definitely one piece?

As said, you have a micro sim. If your new phone needs a nano sim, get a new sim and do a number swap. Alternatively, get a sim cuttter.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
"The best thing to do is contact your network, who should be able to send you a replacement SIM."

and no need to change the number

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back