Connecting GSM350 to my mobile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post here.

I've got a PowerMaster 10 with GSM 350 supplied by ADT. I have dropped ADT and want to use the alarm as a stand-alone system with the system contacting my mobile in case of alarms, faults etc. If i put in my own pay-as-you-go sim, how do i programme my contact number (the manual isn't too clear on this)? Also how will I know my SIM needs topping up?

Thanks for helping

Sponsored Links
ADT control panels tend to have their own software ,you may also find that the TAP number for the Sms text messaging will be for an ADT server and swapping the Sms card may not work.
You could try it .If it does not work then the only way would be to program the panel yourself and you would require the engineer code. ADT will NOT give you this code so you would have to default/reset the control panel and possibly reprogram the whole system.
If swapping the Sms card works then you could put a security sms card into the system,this will text you when credit is low. ONLY issue with security SIM card is ,it will deduct £2.50 a month to keep SIM alive of your credit .

I've reset the whole system so I've got the installer code. I'm unsure how to programme the unit, so any advice (in a step-by-step format for the hard of thinking) would be appreciated. I've not heard of a security SIM, but will investigate.

Gsm units don’t use a TAP number they go straight onto the network ....may be better getting a monthly sim at around a £5 , make sure it’s not a 3 network sim as most alarm GSM units don’t support them

Sponsored Links
Cheers Sparkymarka, that's good advice. I've got an EE sim ready to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back