ADT Powermaster 10 Alarm Problem - GSM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post on this forum as I'm trying to find a potential solution to a problem we've got with our ADT Powermaster 10 alarm system.

We had it installed 2 years ago and as such subscribed to the ADT notification system if the alarm were to go off. I believe this was a yearly subscription but we let it go after one year - however the alarm continued to function as normal (even though ADT wouldn't get notification of the alarm setting off).

However today I tried to set the alarm system and instead got a TROUBLE alert to do with communication errors - GSM and GPRS.

Can anyone shed any light as to why this problem is appearing now after working for so long, as I have no idea how these alarms work - I thought even though we didn't subscribe any more it would still work as a standalone alarm system? All batteries and sensors work as far as I know, we're just getting this GSM communication error which means the alarm system is 'NOT READY'.

Thanks a lot in advance, Paul.

Sponsored Links
ADT. Have cancelled the Gsm SIM card ....if you don't pay for it ....it won't work

Simple as that then! I thought maybe the alarm would continue to operate as a simple detection system but it seems that’s not the case, however on the upside I guess at any time we could resubscribe and it would be fully functional again.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I hadn’t thought of that one, thanks. Why is there a compulsory requirement for gsm communication, and would any PAYG sim work - as in it’s not locked like mobiles? - sorry for all the questions!

I think you'll find that only ADT supplied powrmaster products will work with your alarm. We tried previous to add keypad and extra pir's onto an ADT powermaster alarm and the panel would not recognize the products even tho they were UK.....Visonic tech confirmed you can only add ADT spec products to their panel and not off the shelf stuff.....real sneaky stuff!

Not sure if you were able to resolve this problem but I was in the exact same situation and now have working alarm.
I called a company called genie cloud cctv as they claimed they could fix the issue which was also gsm fault.
Their engineer firstly tried to use visonic installer code which he had no success . He then I'm screwed the unit . Took the top off and removed the gsm module which has the sim card inside .
He advised an ip module would work much better and would provide mobile phone acess but we did not try one as he didn't have one on hand .
He also did try to install an extra sensor as I requested but was unable to do so. Called visonic tech support which they confirmed only adt products work on their boxes . The sensors were exactly the same but adt have done something to lock their systems .
But now thanks to the engineer at genie cloud we got a working adt alarm that does the job .

:LOL:
visonic tech support which they confirmed only adt products work on their boxes
That statement is a down and out untruth!

What are they thinking of, writing such rubbish. If THEY, did that is?

Thinking, that's not really the word I wanted to use:LOL::rolleyes::p:ROFLMAO:

Whoops, left a bit out.

Visonic makes PowerMaster, PowerMax etc

Last edited:
How is it untruth ? With adt panels you can only use adt products .
The installer tried exactly the same pir sensors but not branded adt and they would not work with the adt sytem .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back