existing Y plan system,adding a second zone for UFH HELP?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi lads, Im a Gas Safe registered engineer, awaiting aproval to join the Combustion Chamber......
Please can anyone help?
1-There is a Worcester Ri heat only boiler on an open vent system running on a Y plan.
2-Mid position valve its a switchmaster (blue one)
3-heating control its a potterton P2000 double chanel and heating stat on the wall.

I've added a 2 port honeywell valve to create a second zone, straight from the main flow from the boiler.
That goes to the UFH control stat/programer as well as pump/mixing manifold of the UFH.

Problem is that the boiler has the bloddy pump overun facility as a safety feature, and everytime the UFH comes on, also it puts a demand on the existing Y plan heating system, thus, overriding the original house's controls and by kicking the pump.

One think to remember is that, whenever the demand on heat its OFF on the existing heating system, the mid-position switchmanster valve its open for heating.

I cannot figure it out how to stop the heating being on in the main property, when im only putting a demand on the UFH at the newly build extension?

Can anyone one please send me some clues?

Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Replace the three port and also fit a bypass. Three port to be replaced with two two port valves

I assume the underfloor will have a separate timer
therefore this will be wired via the underfloor zone valve to the orange wire of the 3 port valve.
So demand from either the house or the underfloor will make the orange wire live and switch the boiler on.
If there is any pump overrun and the house heating is off it will dump
to the cylinder.

Seems ok to me.

Sponsored Links
The orange from the 3 port connects to the brown of the 2 port blocker valve, and the orange from the 2 port is the sl for the boiler, this way you can have the ufh / rads / hot water running independantly.

I assume the underfloor will have a separate timer
therefore this will be wired via the underfloor zone valve to the orange wire of the 3 port valve.
So demand from either the house or the underfloor will make the orange wire live and switch the boiler on.
If there is any pump overrun and the house heating is off it will dump
to the cylinder.

Seems ok to me.
it makes perfect sense now

The orange from the 3 port connects to the brown of the 2 port blocker valve, and the orange from the 2 port is the sl for the boiler, this way you can have the ufh / rads / hot water running independantly.

tropo bello....belissimo!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back