Expanding foam & painting MDF window cill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon guys, made a pig's ear of putting in a MDF window sill. Got foam over a lot of it. Have removed it all using foam eater. But as the tin says may remove paint & it has.
So i have half the sill primed & the other half bare, will I still be able to Undercoat & top coat it. Cheers for any replies

Sponsored Links
At one stage, 95% of all of my work was painting MDF furniture. I hated MDF primer.

I soon discovered that the cheapo Leyland acrylic primer was the only acrylic primer that didn't clog my sandpapers.

MDF primers tend to be waterbased and all waterbased primers cause the MDF surface to swell slightly.

Pre-primed MDF tends to be primed with waterbased primers but they coat them so thickly that you don't notice how poor the surface quality is until you use 240+ abrasives to sand them back.

By all means use MDF primer if you want, but in my professional opinion, they are a waste of money.

Sponsored Links
At one stage, 95% of all of my work was painting MDF furniture. I hated MDF primer.

I soon discovered that the cheapo Leyland acrylic primer was the only acrylic primer that didn't clog my sandpapers.

MDF primers tend to be waterbased and all waterbased primers cause the MDF surface to swell slightly.

Pre-primed MDF tends to be primed with waterbased primers but they coat them so thickly that you don't notice how poor the surface quality is until you use 240+ abrasives to sand them back.

By all means use MDF primer if you want, but in my professional opinion, they are a waste of money.
What to use instead? Emulsion or something else

What shall i use instead, emulsion or something else,?

Please don't use emulsion.

Why not try the Leyland acrylic primer that I recommended?

Toolstation sell a small tin for £5.67, whilst the MDF version is £8.98

Guys, Anybody have any idea how do they make this?
art-decoration-img.jpg

Found this from interior decoration picture from national polystyrene factory,Dubai

I dont think this is made from Styrofoam. Isn't it? See that central pillar I think it is made from some kind of crystals.

I dont think this is made from Styrofoam. Isn't it? See that central pillar I think it is made from some kind of crystals.

I think you've been taking some kind of crystals, how is anything you wrote relevant to the primer question?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back