Expanding foam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help please, I have a large tin of expanding foam ( a small amount has been used ). It looks like I never cleaned the nozzle good enough because I cant get any more out of it......Any Idea's how to get over this Please

Sponsored Links
Yes, throw it away.

It is more hassle to try and clean it than it is to buy another tin of the stuff. By its very nature it sets hard after being exposed to air, whic also includes the tiny pipe coming out of the tin itself.

You may be able to use nail varnish remover but the time it will take, dont bother, and next time use a smaller tin

Sponsored Links
why dont they ever give you extra tubes with the cans of the stuff? is it perhaps because they know it clogs up and you end up throwing a half used can away and buying a new one.....no surely not!

A tip - when you use this stuff stuff a pipe cleaner down the long pipe, remove the nozzle and stick a couple of screws in the ends, and one in the small pipe on the top of the can when you've finished. That way you might be able to use it next time.

Alternatively buy a gun and some solvent and wash out religiously each time you use it, and never leave the can on the side for more than a few weeks as the pressure will go :rolleyes:

Scrit

Have you ever wondered why half the tins on the shelf at the hardware store are missing their tubes........?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back