Expansion Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
biddestone said:
I have an indirect boiler system. The heating system made a loud noise from the loft area.having checked it out I believe it was the vent pipe from the boiler to the expansion tank. The water in the expansion tank was very hot,which I don\\\'t believe is normal! Any ideas please.
The water in our expansion tank is cold but we have got water dripping from the overflow outside, we think it is happening when the heating is on we can only assume that as the drip is not there all the time, but the area outside is very wet. Any ideas please.

Moderator, your topic is now here, please read the Forum rules 20 ;)

Sponsored Links
KBaker said:
The water in our expansion tank is cold but we have got water dripping from the overflow outside, we think it is happening when the heating is on we can only assume that as the drip is not there all the time, but the area outside is very wet. Any ideas please.

the ball valve might be dripping. If the water level in the F&E tank is very near the top, bale it out to a couple of inches deep and re-set the ball valve to maintain that level. Then Tie it up and watch it closely to see if it drips. If it does, fit a new one.

If water is coming in, but not from the ball valve, then you probably have a split in the coil in the hot water cylinder, which will need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back