Expansion vessel for Baxi Combo 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`ve noticed that the expansion vessel for my boiler is situated at the back of the boiler. Is it easy to get to to take a pressure reading, or would the engineer ( not going to attempt this by myself ), have to take the boiler off the wall.
When you have your boiler serviced every year, is part of the service to include checking the pressure in the expansion vessel

Sponsored Links
gavonto said:
When you have your boiler serviced every year, is part of the service to include checking the pressure in the expansion vessel

No if there was no evidence of any problem it would be completely pointless.

Sponsored Links
Not unless you can check it with a vacuum cleaner - preferably the customers!

Thanks olski, just wondereed if I could go back to the engineer to get him to come back & reset the pressure without paying. You have answered my question.

I don`t know, maybe I have a problem with the expansion vessel, hope not, tooooooooooooooo much money to replace

gavonto said:
normally no depending on the gas engineer some do some dont
its normally obvious if it needs checking

If you had an existing problem with the pressure rising above what it should and you mentioned it then I would say that would be part of the service to check and recharge and a seperate job to repair / replace. Mind you the engineer would have noticed something that obvious when he testing the system after the service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back