Expansion Vessel - no pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... I hope this is the right section to post...

We had a complete new heating system about a year ago... On our old one I knew how to refill, sort out most problems... Not this one!..

We have a Valliant boiler, a Gledhill 250ltr tank and there is also a Boss 25ltr expansion vessel and another one and Aquasystem ARB24...

The gauge to the Boss vessel is showing at 0bar vs a red line indicator of about 0.8bar and it is was factory set to 1.5..

Now I have no idea what to do in this situation!! The boiler seems to be running ok and is currently on 0.8bar...

Any help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your system needs repressurising, although it's odd that there's a discrepancy between the two pressure gauges. Can you take some photos?

Hi... thanks for responding, appreciated..
Photo's attached...
I also just pressed the release valve on the vessel as well and their is still air in it..

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_1912_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_1912_1024.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 345
  • thumb_IMG_1911_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_1911_1024.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 273
  • thumb_IMG_1910_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_1910_1024.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 315
  • thumb_IMG_1913_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_1913_1024.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 242
  • thumb_IMG_1914_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_1914_1024.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 272
Turn the black handles at either end of the flexible hose and wait for the pressure on the dial to read 1.2, then close them again. I'm guessing your boiler is downstairs and your cylinder is upstairs?

Sponsored Links
Yes, this is in the eaves of the loft conversion, boiler is directly below 2 floors..
Will give the filling a go now...
Thanks and will let you know if that works..

So, that made a fair bit of gurgling noise from a towel radiator in the bathroom nearby...
I could hear filling for a while & the noise from radiator...
Now it appears to not be filling or no noise...

Boiler is now at 2.4bar...

And there is a fair bit of air in the radiator I heard...

Is this a case of fill expansion, bleed radiators etc?

Bleed radiators and bring pressure back to around 1.2 bar, 2.4 bar is too much.

radiators all bled...

But I've had the black filling taps open for a while and no movement..

Stupid question - is this normal?!

Close the filling loop valves and reduce the pressure and next time open one fully and the other one slowly then shut both valves once the pressure has reached 1.2 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back