Expansion vessel which one to buy?

Frizz as the the new expansion vessel needs connecting to boiler return as close as possible i would imagine the return should be in 22mm pipe so no real point in buying additional fittings to reduce down and back up again

Sponsored Links
I thought you would all know what I am thinking of?

Think solar!

2m of 22 mm for this is probably overkill, 1m should be OK. But if using 15mm then I would put about 2m.

Tony

Enlighten me.

Considering boiler internal connction between return and vessel is generally about 200-300mm and any where between 8-15mm connection,why do you think it needs 2m of 22mm.

If your figure is correct can you point to where it's stated or is it just an agiles rule.

The 2 metre rule applies to Solar simply because the temperature of the solar fluid can easily reach in excess of 100-130'c, this is beyond the rating of the diaphragm in the expansion vessel, so a 2 metre length of pipe (running downwards) is considered long enough to act as a cooling line to protect the vessel HOWEVER on a boiler running a 80'c and a return of around 70'c this is not an issue so the 2 metre rule does not apply. ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back