Expansion Vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Varem 12 litre expansion vessel is leaking and has been for a while.

I've got a plumber coming in to replace some bits and pieces in the airing cupboard, so I'm looking to source a replacement.

Can anyone recommend a good reliable brand, or have I just been unlucky with the Varem?

I don't mind spending extra if it gets me a better product.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, forgot that bit!

It's a red version on the central heating circuit and 18 years old.

Thanks

The pressure vessels from Aquasystem have replaceable membranes which can save some repair costs in the future. AFAIK most membranes are EPDM or a compound with similar properties which is inevitably going to rupture in the future due to the excursion of the diaphragm.

18 years is pretty good going.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks.

See attached picture - shocking!

DSC_1401.JPG

Apologies, I interpreted your post incorrectly. I had not realised you meant the vessel was leaking externally. That is not a particularly common issue.

Many would say that to get a life of over 12 years is very good!

They are made to do a job and are generally pretty reliable,

I don't think there is much point in buying anything more than the generally available brands.

Tony

Having looked around, it seems that Varem, Altecnic (ERES) and Aquasystem are all similar in price.

I'm going to replace the full kit. Anyone got any views/experience of any of these.

Thanks again.

Varem are decent quality vessels and well made .An oversized vessel is actually better then something that's undersized on a heating system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back