expected price to pay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey , I'm looking for what a good price would be to renew my central heating system .

its a unvented system with tank in loft and cylinder next to boiler ., wantnit changed for combi

I want new piping change from 15 mm for flow and return , and 8mm to rads. to 22x15

boiler will stay where it is .

so house has 1 double 600x1200
2 singles 600x1200
1 single 600x600
(sizes are appropriate)

what will a plumber do , will they rip everything out including loft tank?
will they join pipework from mains to piping in loft for bathroom?

will they often flooring to put new pipes in ?

so if I get full package , boiler rads and 2 extra rads (column for kitchen, small 600x600 for hall

so price for full package?
price for package except rads (could change them myself)
price using existing pipes and rads. .

its a 2 bedroom bungalow with 1 toilet

don't want ripped off

Sponsored Links
Get a couple of local independents in to quote. Then get BG in to quote. That will give you a rough idea. A lot depends on the spec. Of the new install. Eg. Worcester life 8000 combi boiler and flue £1282 . Or Intergas Rapid 32kw combi boiler and flue £740.

Sponsored Links
Get a couple of local independents in to quote. Then get BG in to quote. That will give you a rough idea. A lot depends on the spec. Of the new install. Eg. Worcester life 8000 combi boiler and flue £1282 . Or Intergas Rapid 32kw combi boiler and flue £740.
2 bedroom bungalow and you suggest a 32kw combi! LOL

heat up rads quicker, with 8mm just now it takes hrs to Heat. so higher flow , quicker warming rads

32kw for excellent hot water flow rate to fill a bath. You can range rate the central heating

32kw for excellent hot water flow rate to fill a bath. You can range rate the central heating
well that is also dictated by pipe size and incoming flow. If the primary usage is DHW then design for such and use a separate continuous water heater

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back