Boiler change

Tjs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have been quoted 2400 to rip out old boiler, immersion and the tanks in the loft and replace with a Worcester Bosch combi boiler which will be relocated in cupboard upstairs with flue through the roof, new gas pipe, mag cleaner, wireless thermostat, and a over flow pipe which will run outside, 1st does this sound a fair price and 2nd should all boiler changes require a power flush as he said no need as at some point I will be removing/changing most rads in the house? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds ok.

I always say that it depends on the water that comes out of the radiator.
I usually do a flush through the mains cold which is usually perfectly adequate.

• Thanks
Reactions: Tjs
Ok thanks, I have replaced 1 rad and was a bit yucky, I suppose go round and remove all rads and get rid of the muck that way.

You didn't mention were the condensate was going or was that the overflow, normally the pressure relief discharge pipe is the overflow.

Sponsored Links
Yeh sorry Peter the over flow was the condensate, the pipe will be going out of side of the house as I live in a semi, just need to box this little pipe in. He did say at first he would use a pump but I wasn't too sure how noisy this pump may be and it's another cost if that pump fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back