new rad problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I added a new rad this evening to our system and it does.....nothing. I installed it using a freeze kit if that makes any.difference? It's a 600x1200 single panel and both the old and new rad use 10mm copper pipe.

I used a t into pipes supplying another rad and now that one doesn't work either. If I bleed either for long enough hot water comes out. But that's about it. I Both have been bled.

Annoyingly if I shut the valves on the new rad off, the old one that I t'd from still won't work.

Our boiler is a Worcester 28cdi.

Hope someone can help. Many thanks!

Wes

Sponsored Links
Maybe a balancing problem but my money's on the pipework isn't big enough to supply 2 rads at the same time.
The new rad should ideally be tee'd off the main flow and return pipes.

I don't get why if I turn the valves on the new rad off the old one doesn't work though?

In addition the boiler showed 0 pressure this morning. (no leaks anywhere) so I topped it up.

As the heating kicked in I did notice some water noises in another rad I've never noticed before. The boiler is also making "tinkling" noises I've not noticed before.

Could there be air trapped somewhere else? Do these boilers have pumps that need bleeding?

Thanks again.

Wes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back