rad problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, in my bathroom, under the floorboards, there were 2 pipes that used to serve a rad in the room, i've finally got the bathroom finished and i've inatalled a rad in the bathroom, and one in the seperate wc. I've taken the H/W feed into the first rad, the joined the second rad in sequence. ( should i have done it this way, or should i have 'T'd' into the H/W to feed both rads at the same tim???)
The problem i have now is that the first rad takes ages to warm up, even then it's not getting anywhere near as hot as the other upstair radiators, and the second rad in the wc is not getting hot at all.
I've bled all the rads, i've isolated all the rads except for those 2 to try as push any airlock through, i'm now out of ideas!!
Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
I've taken the H/W feed into the first rad, the joined the second rad in sequence. ( should i have done it this way...
Assuming for now that you mean "heating flow" rather than "H/W feed", then no, you shouldn't have done it like that.

or should i have 'T'd' into the H/W to feed both rads at the same tim???)
Yes.

The problem i have now is that the first rad takes ages to warm up, even then it's not getting anywhere near as hot as the other upstair radiators, and the second rad in the wc is not getting hot at all.
That's right. You've f*cked it up.

I've bled all the rads, i've isolated all the rads except for those 2 to try as push any airlock through, i'm now out of ideas!
You know what you need to do.

Thanks for the reply, short quick and to the point!! :LOL:

I'll have another go and post back!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back