Domestic hot water, NOT HOT!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a problem with an air lock in my central heating with upstairs rads staying cool and domestic h/w (thermo syphon) not heating following a radiator change. I refilled the indirect system through a downstairs radiator and all was well, rads up and down AND hot water. Today the h/w is not heating. The expansion tank is full so there is a head of water and I re-bled the upstairs rads, but the last one was rather reluctant to let out any air or water. Is it likely I've got another air lock in the domestic h/w or a blockage somewhere between the header tank and the boiler. If so how on earth do I find it or clear it? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
sounds like a blocked cold feed to me

pop a hose on a drain point and open then have a look top see of the f + e cisterns empties if not the cold feed is defo blocked. start cutting and good luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back