Expensive wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Simple job to replace a two gang dimmer for my daughter. But he new one had the terminals top and bottom. ( the old one had them all at the bottom ) so the link wire between the COMs was too short.

No 1mm² wire to be found, so back to B&Q £5 for 5 metres of 1mm² T&E

Get back to my daughter's and there is an electrician's van parked in the next door and very friendly neighbour's drive way.

5 metres purchased, 6 inches used.

NEVER again will I clean out the car before visiting family.

Sponsored Links
6 inches, Must have been a big switch.
Proberly could have got 3 inches out the DB :)

Amount of skips about nowadays in london, you would have only had to walk up the road

It may have been only 5 inches, it was two of those dimmers where the terminals point towards the sides of the box instead of towards the back of the box.

The electrician who lives a few doors from by daughter was on holiday ( I know, electricians are never on holiday until you really need them ) and the electrician working at the cricket club wasn't there, only his van parked outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back