Experimental mRNA vaccines might cure cancer? (Title edited)

Sponsored Links
Its really exciting stuff but a long way from being in general use.
Yes, plenty of possible uses where traditional vaccines/treatments have not worked as expected.

Hopefully new discoveries are not too far away.

Sponsored Links
Yes, plenty of possible uses where traditional vaccines/treatments have not worked as expected.

Hopefully new discoveries are not too far away.

Would this new drug be used in the King's treatment for his 'benign condition', d'you think?

Would this new drug be used in the King's treatment for his 'benign condition', d'you think?
Unlikely, unless he met the particular criteria for the trial (normally quite narrow for phase 1/2) then it wouldn't be allowed.

Plus this particular treatment is only for a subset of cancers so might be useless for whatever he has.

If he is untreatable with standard care I expect he might have a better chance of getting onto a trial for something. After all he can get to whichever hospital that is running the treatment.

Last edited:
Yeah, i guess they're going to carry out more tests before they turn the King into a guinea-pig...although Charles is an advocate of homeopathic treatment so which would he choose if the cancer threatened his life?

Should've known something like that'd make a comeback - Dara o'Brien does a fine skit on homeopathic med's.

If my life was on the line i know what i'd choose, too.

But what are the potential side-effects to this experimental drug?

Sponsored Links
Back