explorer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On THIS very forum, occasionally when I load a page on the forum explorer freezes when "downloading" something from google, i assume its an advert, but its happening quite often today. Anyone else had trouble or is it my computer?

Computer: Win Vista Ultimate, 2.13ghz dual core, 250GB. MS Internet explorer version 7.

Also when I have 4 tabs open in explorer, explorer starts acting strangely - certain functions are disabled or go wrong.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like one of the many vista problems. I have the same thing on my vista system, the xp flies through the same sites without any problem. I have heard it affects Vista mainly when using a wireless router.

I hope they release a service pack soon. Its proving to be a most unstable OS. Bring back Win ME. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I dont' run Vista, but have heard it has all the usual teething problems. Whenever a new Microsoft operating system comes out it's always really buggy for a while.

In the meantime can I suggest you stop using Explorer?

Go to the Mozilla Firefox website and download Firefox. It's an internet browser, looking very like Explorer, but much cleaner and better to use.

Once you've installed it then set it as your default browser.

You can import your same bookmarks and favourites, and it looks and works much like Explorer. But, in the background it's blocking pop-ups, preventing download problems, and managing your browsing much more efficiently.

Firefox is free and has been around for a few years now, and has millions of users worldwide. Basically, anyone that's anyone has switched to it!

:cool:

Post again if you have any trouble with it..

Back