Exposed copper pipe shower?? old industrial tapes??

TMVs are generally used to create a maximum top temperature to prevent scalding; there's nothing usually to stop you getting cold water by turning down the hot.

The purpose of a TMV is create a stable outlet temperature with a maximum limit. Most TMV's will shut down if there is a significant change in the flow/pressure of EITHER hot or cold.

Sponsored Links
The temperature you set on the TMV will be the temperature that that the water is delivered at to the shower head.
Only if the TMV outlet goes directly to the shower head.

A more sensible arrangement would be H&C into the TMV, TMV outlet to the 'hot' tap on the shower, 'cold' tap on the shower connected directly to the cold water.
No different from using a TMV with a bath or basin mixer tap.

The temperature you set on the TMV will be the temperature that that the water is delivered at to the shower head.
Only if the TMV outlet goes directly to the shower head.

A more sensible arrangement would be H&C into the TMV, TMV outlet to the 'hot' tap on the shower, 'cold' tap on the shower connected directly to the cold water.
No different from using a TMV with a bath or basin mixer tap.

yeah that's the step up i was thinking of going with (y) I'm just hopping it will provide a decent shower without it changing temp to much. Shame about the Legionella. I just have to risk it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back