exstracter fan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, hope someone can help..i changed a cieling exstracter fan (shower)
one sat morning..well even i new something wernt right. anyway i,ll tell ya..the flex from the fan ran upwards towards the outside grill.. there was no condensation trap..and if i remember the fan supposed to have bulding regs flex with elbow ..if its between to joists.. with con.trap then directly out towards the outside grill with a slite downwood angle (as mine is wall mounted).. some were i need to put the con.trap in the flex. but i dont know how many feet or inches it has to be from the fan. anyway the fan in this house is situated in between the joist,s and the grill is 2-1/2 foot high from the fan? so some idiot did not plan this very well..i think i am needing to have some hieght with this one to make it to the outside grill..
anyway any help would be great. as i have seen in the forums that there are some very good professional people out there that are willing to help.
and not the useual local tradesman..because so many tradesman have there own ideas..leaves you scratching your head..(what to do)...

Sponsored Links
It's a good idea to have a condensate trap if the duct runs upwards. You can get a condensate trap here Condensate Trap The trap should be in a vertical section of the duct at the lowest point, so that it catches any condensation that does run back towards the fan.

In my limited experience, I'm not come across such specific building regulations. Those I've seen usually specify "what you need to achieve" in terms of ventilation etc., not how to go about it as there are too many possible permutations to cover.

Maybe someone with a bit more experience might confirm that one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back