Extendable Shower Head Holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have got a 7.5kw electric shower that is perfectly adequate but all for the fact that it came with one of those standard slide-rail shower head holders.

What I am looking for was a shower head holder that protrudes from the wall more - I need the shower head nearer the middle of the bath. The reason being that you sort of have to bend forward slightly to get the full spray - bit of a pain (literally) after a while.

Anyway, I would have though that this product must exist and apparently it does not - at least, I cannot find it.

I found this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Height-Ad...ps=63&clkid=5811631888883640955#ht_725wt_1163

Which I thought would do the job, but it seems that this is not just the bracket, but contains the water also (i.e. not for electric showers).

I then thought about one of these instead -
http://www.screwfix.com/p/triton-shower-arm-bottom-entry/46479

But I am slightly worried about pressure and the fact that it is not adjustable.

I did experiment with two slide rails to see if was workable - a bit difficult to explain but I replaced the shower head holder on the first rail with the pole of the second holder and then the shower head holder stuck out the full length of the second pole. This worked perfectly in terms of distance but the head was too heavy for the plastic connectors to hold.

I would be really grateful for any help - this device must exist, but I just cannot find it!!

Thanks very much.

A

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Would a different shower head work?
There are lots of different models that are different sizes, wouldn't any of them be long enough to come out into the centre of the bath?

Hi there,

That is a great idea that I hadn't considered.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any with a long neck.

I really cannot believe that no manufacturer appears to have tackled this problem.

Sponsored Links
What you're looking for used to be advertised in the weekend newspapers, but I've not seen them for yonks.

I think there was a similar thread last year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back