Extending 10mm rad pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20170528_111945.jpg
Hi

In the photo attached I need to extend the 10mm rad feed to the radiator valve. The rad valves are 15mm, I was going to use a reducing nut, but maybe due to having to extend I should attach 155 pipe to the end?

Whats the easiest way to accomplish this? Should I look at soldering, or maybe pushfit?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
cheers, can see now ! go 15 mm from valve to below flooring and solder into 10mm useing a reducer. if you want to make it real nice use chrome plated copper 15mm. be aware you can not solder the chrome you have to file it all off get to clean copper and don't use push fit at all.

Sponsored Links
Gareth welcome back,see you have gone for a very diy approach with the bendy surface pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ill got for the reducer option.

I should have mentioned, I have some chrome plated brass tubes which will cover the nasty copper pipes so it should look much nicer.

Better still: sink the pipes in the wall and come out of the wall and up into the valves ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back