extending length of radiator pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have two vertical radiators, one connected via copper and the other plastic.
I am installing wall insulation so the radiators will have to be moved further by approximately 3cm hence the pipes
will need to be extended. I have posted a pic of the current arrangement. What is the best way to extend these? Should I cut them upstream and install a longer pipe length from that point on or can I add something to the existing pipe end to make it longer?
The diameter is 10mm and goes into a reducer in the valve.
Thanks
IMG_20240401_151123.jpg

Sponsored Links
Whichever is more convenient. Leaving them in situ has the advantage they will be concealed, unless you put them under the floor.

I don't think you'll find any way just to extend the existing pipe by 3cm. Probably best to cut the existing pipe before the bend and connect it with an inline coupler to a new bent pipe which is the required 3cm longer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back