Replacing horizontal with vertical radiator - pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please need advise. I have a horizontal radiator in my living room. I need to replace it with a vertical radiator but to a different wall. The new place is not far, but still need to extend the copper pipe. Now a friend has helped with a spare piece of copper pipe 15mm to compare with my existing copper pipe to estimate the size of the pipe I currently have, which seems is 10mm pipe. My question is will the vertical radiator work on 10mm pipe or should I extend the pipe with 15 mm pipe?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your existing pipe is 10mm, and you are not going too far, just extend with 10mm.

Thanks Denso, but just found that the pipe is actually 8mm, my mate came down to help me identify the pipe size. It seem 22mm pipe from boiler to a certain point and from there all radiators got a feed on 8mm pipe.

My project is to replace all radiators put TRV with them and also replace the radiator in the living room with a vertical radiator on another wall. I wanted to use the Drayton TRV 4 with all radiators but cant find one 8mm size.

Should I get a 8mm trv for all the radiators except for the vertical one or shall I use reducer and use 15mm trv for all the radiators?

Please can you advise the best possible way?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back