question regarding radiator fit

I have indeed purchased a 1500 rad, but it’s going to replace one that’s approx 1535, hence the need to extend. If take the Screwfix extension in my previous post, saw it in half, replace it with a chrome 15mm pipe cut to the right size, fit the 1/2 in male thread in the pic over the pipe and into the rad at one end, and an olive + 1/2 in female thread into the the valve, will that be leak proof? I’m worried that the telescopic bit is going to leak.

Sponsored Links
The connection that they give u going into the rad valve won't work as it only connects into a 3/4 inch valve. Their connection comes with an integral o ring which u won't have as u can only put an olive and then the 1/2 connection on yours. U may be better trying to change for an extension that goes into 1/2 connection, that's if u haven't cut thru the bit of pipe.

Thanks. I think I’ll just return those extensions and buy one of these two instead. The first one I could just cut down to size using a pipe slicer. I need to extend by approx 35mm. Any reason not to proceed like this?
A8938EFE-B520-486E-8D7D-52B19BF860E8.jpeg

000D2315-A8C6-4C10-AC41-F197A83E7EC4.jpeg

I think u need the telescopic one, the rigid one at 55mm may be too long

Sponsored Links
Yes u could also do as u said and trim the rigid one, the bore hole may be smaller on the telescopic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back