Radiator valve connection to towel radiator

3 Jan 2012
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone can help with this.

I'm replacing a regular radiator with a new towel radiator. I'm trying to use the existing valves and I believe the connection is a "union" type.

The valve connection to the radiator is at 90 degrees but the new radiator has the connections on the bottom.

I've put in telescopic tails on the bottom of the new radiator and fitted a 15mm compression elbow. My question is how do I connect the 15mm elbow to the union connection on the TRV and the lockshield?
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Why not just buy new valves?
I'm trying to avoid a system drain down - also the existing pipe work is wider than the new rad so it will involve some faff anyway.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local