extending a dormer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How would you go about extending a dormer type house IE,flat roofs above upatair rooms front and back.I do not really want any more flat roofs.I want to extend to the rear the full width of my existing building.The dormers do not go the the edge of my house,there is around 2 tiles width of conventional roofing either side.I can mail a photo to anyone with ideas,or willing to offer advice,thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
what you need to do is put a pitched roof on the extension then the ridge will run into your existing roof with a valley down either side,this will get rid of the flat roof at the back of the house... :eyes Ian.

thanks ian,that is a good idea and never looked at it that way,it is quite an easy job and will kill 2 birds with one stone.No flat roof at the rear,nice one.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back