Extending a neutral cable in caravan power module

Sponsored Links
I agree that it's a mate-n-lok connector, but I can't find out how to separate a cable from the connector.

I could buy a new connector and pins but I would also need to buy all the cables too. If I could extend the neutral cable, this would be the easiest solution for me I guess without having to buy specific tools that I probably won't use again.

Could I just use a terminal block or is that asking for trouble?

Any electricians on here that could sell me a short section of the cable I need? Been looking online and the smallest amount I can buy is 25m, all I need is about 25cm at the very most!

Found somewhere to get the cable in short lengths, just need to know the best way to join it now.

Sponsored Links
Not a qualified spark, but also not a fan of soldering in such enviroments.

I would assume its come loose, although I would be nice have some confirmation it was loose when you took it out, and would proberbly go along with replacing the RCD and cable and hoping that resloved the issue.

If it where me I would in an ideal world effect the join using and uninsulated crimp joiner, crimped with a ratchet crimper, and sleaved with adheasive shrink wrap. However as I only have a cramper for insulated terminals, which is what I used when rewiring the rear of my kitcar, I would settle for that, and then crimp a ferule on the end using one of the horrable 'plier type' crimpers.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back