Joining live+neutral TV cable to live+neutral+earth cable

Sponsored Links
Whatever way you did it, you have probably invalidated the warrenty if it was new

No he hasn't. You're allowed to change the plug on an appliance without invalidating the warranty. That includes extending it with a suitable connector.

I thought that until we bought a nice Steam Generator iron and her indoors damaged the cable near the plug. I replace the molded plug after trimming back about 2 inchs of cable. 6 month later, it goes wrong, take it to a repair center and am told that i have invalidated the warrenty because i have modified the iron

Sponsored Links
Dont take this the wrong way, but are you sure????? Because if you are, i am going to go back there this weekend and kick up a fuss as this was only 3 months ago. Cost me £113.00 for a new iron :(

Considering the book probably has instructions on replacing the plug..

Anyway, if replacing the plug didn't cause the failure, they cannot invalidate the warranty for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back