Extending a ring circuit in a bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need an extra two mains sockets in a bedroom. Can I extend the current ring as non-notifiable or will I need Part P ?

Also what would be the allowed ways to extend the current cables under the floorboards as I will remove the current socket I have. Are you allowed to use juction boxes to extend the cables ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
can you use this method?
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123868

you must not use JBs where they are hidden and/or inaccessible, especially under floors which are likely to have carpet or laminate fixed down in future

You can add more sockets to a ring without Notifying, as long as they are not in a bathroom, kitchen, sauna, swimming pool etc

John thanks for your reply. This looks very similair to what I am trying to do. Would I be allowed to make joints in the cable using crimps and a compression tool and then hide them under the floor boards ?

Also as the old cabling is black/red can I make these joins to the newcabling which will be blue/brown ?

Thank You

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back