Extending a ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would really appreciate it if someone could shed light on the following:

I would like to extend a ring in a kitchen. I have one double socket, and one single. Also have a cooker/oven power source, but I dont want to fiddle with that. I want to extend the ring for one single socket and possible two new double sockets. The single socket will be used for a washing machine, and the other doubles will be used for small things like kettle, toaster etc. I would definetely like to comply with the regulations! Please post answer asap.

Sponsored Links
Ideally you should have a seperate ring altogether for a kitchen rather than being part of the ring feeding the rest of the house.

It should also be noted that any skts / spurs etc under the worktop level that may be supplying your w/mc, dishwasher and fridge or whatever must have a means of being isolated and this tends to be done by incorporating 20Amp double pole switches into the ring main and running the cable down to the inaccessible skts.

Remember to ensure all your Earth bonding is done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back