EXTENDING BASE HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After looking at the amount of advice people have got on their various projects I thought Id take the plunge!... SEE IMAGE

We are extending the existing garden room and replacing the existing structure with (a non leaking) green oak version with the cill place sitting directly on the base.

The existing garden room is built on a base 800mm above ground level, I always presumed this would be solid concrete but after further web investigation I doubt it.

The added extension of this would be 3m x 2.5 x 800mm deep not including the foundations and belown ground level blockwork and my questions are...

1. Do I need to tie the extended base into the existing base and the existing house structure and if so how?

2. Do I need to build a cavity wall up to floor height or should it be solid wall?

3. If cavity how do I cose the the top and how does this work with DPC etc?

4. Do I need to use a suspended timber floor due to the height from ground level?

Thanks for all your time..

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back