EXTENDING CABLE

Sponsored Links
There's another light the same further along the wall. The ceiling has no lights in it currently. It will only have the new ones l want to put in.
Fair enough. Are you planning on getting rid of the other wall light as well?

What about my other questions?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Fair enough - I have to say that the photo seems to suggest that you're probably right.

If it's coming from below (or 'through the wall) do you know where it is coming from?
If it's coming from sockets circuit, there really ought to be a fused connection unit ('FCU') feeding it.
What circuit it is on - a lighting circuit or a sockets one?
Is this on the ground floor or an upper floor?

Kind Regards, John
It looks like it goes down or possibly across to the other light which is operated by a switch even further along.

I think it is on a socket circuit. I popped a plug in the kitchen once and it shorted everything in the conservatory.

It's ground floor in a conservatory which backs onto the kitchen. It's quite large.

Fair enough. Are you planning on getting rid of the other wall light as well?

What about my other questions?

Kind Regards, John
Yes will get rid of the other wall light and will eventually install spot lights.

It looks like it goes down or possibly across to the other light which is operated by a switch even further along.
Does that switch operate both wall lights at present? Do you want/intend that it will operate your new spotlights?

If (as you say) you intend to get rid of the other wall light as well (and maybe also the switch), you'll have to go through similar exercise(s) as we've been discussing for the first light.

The ideal would be to find out where these cables are coming from, and deal with things from there.
I think it is on a socket circuit. I popped a plug in the kitchen once and it shorted everything in the conservatory.
As I said, if it's on a sockets circuit, there should really be an FCU. Is the switch you mention just a simple switch, or does it have a fuse? Are there any other FCUs (things with fuses, with or without a switch) anywhere nearby, maybe in the adjacent kitchen?
It's ground floor in a conservatory which backs onto the kitchen. It's quite large.
Does it have a 'ceiling'?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back