extending conrete post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to put 1 foot trellis panels on each of seven 5 foot fence panels. The fence panels are supported by concrete posts. Ideas would be appreciated for designing "something" to fix to and on top of the posts to support each trellis. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
if you increase the height of the posts it will at best look a bit of a bodge. if the panels are in good condition, then screw some batten to each panel the whole height at each end and screw the trellis to that. Even batter if you can do it to the back of the fence!

To do the job neatly, so that the trellis panels are secure, will be very difficult in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
sandwell Point taken. As the job is more a necessity than choice I must do the best I can. Thanks for replying though.

Thermo Thanks,I didn't think of that! The battens will have to be in slightly from the ends of the panels as they are of cause within the grooves of the concrete posts but this is no problem. The only firm connection for the battens will therefore be the tops and bottoms of the panels unless I put a batten of each side of the fence and connect each batten to the other. This will provide extra support and strength. After the trellis is erected it will simply leave me with a small gap between each trellis of about 2 inches (the width of the concrete posts less grooves) to cover with a fillet. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back