extending downstairs toilet building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bought a 3bed semi for living in but with the house being neeeding a lot of work doing to it

anyway behind the garage is a utility area (upvc roof) and behind this is a small outdoor building split in two with a toilet in one half and just CW inlet in the other. Now it really is small and dirty to be honest and behind this is a wooden shed that is rotting away.

what ui planned on doing was knocking the wooden shed down, and extending the toilet area into this area to create a small bathroom downstairs and a seperate laundry area for the washing machine and tumble dryer.

what would be the implications of such a job, i know the water inlet will have to be moved along with the soil pipe. What about the base, the shed is already on a concrete base and will need to be raised inline with the toilet floor

old buildng is about 4ft x 7ft which has a proper tiled roof and shed is 7ft but 7/8ft. the roof sloop will have to be changed as well

any info will be helpful, and i can provide small to aid description as i know its hard to read the above

Cheers

Sponsored Links
by the time you have upgraded everything to habitable spec and satisfied building control, you would be better off knocking it all down and building a regs compliant extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back