Extending Floor/Moving Front Door/Porch

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi guys

Wondering if you could help me out by letting me know how you'd tackle this job?

I've got a front door behind a pointless storm porch (rain comes directly in to it, slippy when wet wind blows rubbish into the corners etc) so I'm wanting to free up some space inside by moving the door flush with the front external wall ( allowing a small lip for weather).
As you enter the door you step up onto the internal suspended timber floor, I don't really want the step to be internal . I'd like to bring the floor level forward to be flush with the new door position.
My initial thought was to lay a small set of floor joists but then there are some considerations with damp and venting. Another thought was forming a concrete step but that seemed a bit rough.

Any of your ideas would be really appreciated.

door.jpg

Sponsored Links
Alas, I'm finally having to get round to this job. I'm thinking airflow with putting timbers in will be impossible so I reckon I'm just going to build up some blockwork to internal floor level on the front wall, put down a dpm and pour concrete in until level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back