Extending flue pipe.

29 Jan 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hmmm, Surely this is a nice black and white isn't it. If you cut the gas line, move, disturb or replace the flue then an RGI is required. Yes this is a DIY forum, but i for one won't help someone break the law. Yes....the law. I don't like cameras waiting to catch me doing 34 in a 30 but....thats the law.

Surely, refitting would require benchmarking again (how you gunna know it's burning correctly?)......does the op know how to do this, and all the other things mentioned. Get a RGI to do the job (or at least the safety/law critical stuff)
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local