Extending Maplin Multi Voltage Regulated AC/DC Adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I need to extend the leads of 3 Multi Voltage Regulated AC/DC Adaptor bought at Maplin. They will have to be extended of about 80cm for an artwork I am working on.
Specs are as follows:
Regulated
Input Voltage Ac 100 - 240V
Output voltage - Output current
9V - 0.5A
Current variable.

I am a bit of a newbie, I was thinking about buying some wire and extend the lead, should this be a specific wire?
Also, should I keep the tip or can I just plug the wires in a breadboard?

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Best wishes

Elso

Sponsored Links
I am a bit of a newbie, I was thinking about buying some wire and extend the lead, should this be a specific wire?
As long as it matches the gauge and rating of the existing I'm sure it will be OK. Solder the leads together with some heat-shrink over the top (don't forget to slip the heatshrink on first before soldering). Also stagger the connections so you don't end up with one big bulge in the cable.

Also, should I keep the tip or can I just plug the wires in a breadboard?
Connect onto the breadboard with some solder pins to avoid damaging the board, although I have just plugged in tinned wires in the past. Keep the tip if you think you'll need it again.

And use a multimeter set to a DC voltage range to check you have positive and negative the right way round. Otherwise your breadboard will die.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back